5 Most Common Carpet Stains and How to Fix Them.
5 MOST COMMON CARPET STAINS AND HOW TO FIX THEM
Your morning cup of coffee tips over, you find a wine stain on your carpet after your dinner party, your new puppy isn’t house trained, and the kids track in dirt from outside… carpet stains happen!
Exclusive Cleaning & Restoration, your local Breckenridge carpet cleaning service, has you covered for your intensive carpet cleaning in Breckenridge, but what about the little spills? Here are a few tips for dealing with the 5 most common stains you’ll find in your house:
This combination of vinegar and baking soda is tough on pet stains – cleaning, while also removing odors.
- Thoroughly blot the area with a rag, removing as much moisture as possible.
- Combine ½ cup white vinegar, ½ cup water, and 1 Tbsp. baking soda in a spray bottle, and shake well.
- Spray stain with solution and let sit for a few minutes.
- Gently blot up area with a clean rag.
Sprinkling salt on the stain absorbs the wine, leaving your carpet good as new!
- Blot up the spilled beverage as soon as possible, working from the outside of the stain in, which prevents the stain from spreading.
- Pour a small amount of cold water over the area, and continue using a blotting motion to absorb more of the liquid.
- Next, sprinkle salt on the spill and let sit till the salt turns a pinkish color, and the area is almost dry.
- One the stain is almost dry, vacuum the area, removing the salt.
No need to buy an expensive solution to clean your coffee stains! Just grab a few household items, and make your own stain remover.
- As always, start off by first blotting the coffee stain with a clean rag, switching out rags if the first becomes too saturated.
- Second, add ¼ cup white vinegar and 1 Tbsp. Dish soap to a spray bottle and fill the rest of the way with warm water.
- Saturate the spill with the solution, and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Lastly, blot the area once more with a clean rag removing the rest of the stain.
Stubborn as they are, give this tip a try on your ink stain before despairing of your carpet.
- Moisten a clean rag with isopropyl alcohol.
- Making sure to never rub the area, carefully blot the ink stain with the rag.
- Repeat as often as needed to remove the stain!
Here’s an easy hack to try when the little ones inevitably track in mud from the outside.
- Wait for mud to dry completely before addressing the stain.
- Once the mud has fully dried, slowly vacuum up the area, removing as much dirt as possible.
- Next, create a solution of 1 tsp. Dish detergent to one cup of warm water.
- Carefully blot the stained area with a rag, switching out rags if the first becomes too dirty.
- Once the stain is out, use a clean rag to dry the area.
These tips can give you quick and easy solutions to some of your most common stains in everyday life. Nevertheless, some spills are just too tough to handle on your own, that’s why Exclusive Cleaning & Restoration, can take care of the rest of your carpet cleaning in Breckenridge, Frisco, Silverthorne, Blue River, Dillon, Keystone and Copper Mountain, Colorado.
It’s recommended to have your carpet professionally cleaned every 12-18 months, and with Exclusive Cleaning & Restoration’s carpet manufacturer recommended cleaning process that uses steam extraction, those stubborn stains will be lifted out, leaving your carpet like new. Give them a call today and schedule your next carpet cleaning!