Pet Accidents Happen, Here’s What to Do
Our beloved pets aren’t just dogs or cats, they’re members of the family, our best friends, constant companions, and provide unconditional love like no other. Let’s face it though, our furry friends come with messes. No matter how perfect we think they are, pet accidents happen and it’s often on the one rug in the entire home, our bedding, or nice piece of furniture.
Be prepared for occasional accidents by having a great pet stain remover on hand as well as some great do-it-yourself remedies with products you likely already have around. For accidents that are too tough for DIY, Exclusive Cleaning and Restoration’s professional carpet cleaning service is just a phone call away.
As always, whenever you discover a pet stain, the quicker you act, the better chance you have to get rid of it.
Here are two do-it-yourself solutions to try:
DIY Solution # 1: Vinegar and baking soda to clean pet stains
- Gather up your vinegar, baking soda, and a clean cloth.
- Carefully pour a generous amount of vinegar directly onto the pet stain. Use enough vinegar to thoroughly soak the stain.
- Sprinkle a much smaller amount of baking soda onto the stain. Be sure to use the vinegar first! You’ll hear the effervescent sounds of the solution working.
- Cover the area with a clean dry cloth or even a bowl- something to remind you that it’s there. Let it set to dry for 1-2 days.
- After a few days have passed, vacuum the area to get rid of excess baking soda. You may also wipe down the area a clean towel.
DIY Solution # 2: Dishwashing liquid detergent to clean pet stains
- Blot the stained area with a disposable towel. Be careful not to spread by wiping away from the stain. You can drop the cloth on and stand on it to soak up as much as possible, repeating the process with a clean cloth as necessary.
- Mix 1 cup of warm water with ¼ teaspoon of dishwashing liquid. Please note that hand soap or laundry detergent will not work.
- Pour the water/dishwashing mixture into a spray bottle. Spray the pet-stained area.
- Give a few minutes to allow the mixture to soak the stain well. Use either a shop-vac or clean cotton cloth to clean up the stain using the method explained above in Step 1.
- Rinse the area with warm water and repeat Steps 1 through 4 until the stain is no longer visible.
Call Exclusive Cleaning and Restoration for the Most Stubborn Pet Stains
The two above-mentioned home remedies do well at removing a variety of household pet stains, but those extra stubborn spots always seem to make their presence known. Our well-equipped and expertly-trained carpet cleaning team when you need extra help on the worst pet accidents, stains and odors.
This entry was posted by Exclusive Cleaning on October 9, 2019 at 5:15 pm, and is filed under Blog, Carpets. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Leave a Reply